Monday, October 5, 2009

Mondays hurt most

Mondays are usually the worst day of the week for me (with the exception of yesterday, a very sore Sunday).  My job requires very little physical effort, mostly sitting at a computer.  So, on Saturday and Sunday I tend to be more active and also spend 99.9% of my waking time with the kids.  So, by Monday I tend to feel like I didn't get any sleep all weekend.  The strange part is I actually got more sleep than during the week.

This morning I am having a hard time waking up.  Because I was so sore yesterday, I took muscle relaxers at 6:45pm last night.  I was asleep by 9:30pm and still had difficulty when the alarm clock started to go off at 6:30am.  I finally got up at 7:10 and then was 30 minutes late for work.  Unfortunately, this is a common occurance.  I can't seem to get out of bed in the morning, even after a good night of sleep.  I wish I could wake up refreshed.  The only time that ever happens is on a rare occassion that I can sleep in until noon.  I am not joking when I say that I could sleep for 15 hours without any problem.

So, here I am on Monday.  I feel a little better physically, but still sore.  Mentally, I am in a bit of a fog and feel like I can't get my engine started.  I had a little over 2 cups of coffee and breakfast, but its not helping.

I know tomorrow will be better.  I seem to gain energy throughout the week and then fizzle Friday night.  Saturdays are usually great because I sleep in a little later.  Sundays usually aren't too bad, unless I did extra activities on Saturday.  Then there are Mondays...

No comments:

Post a Comment