Thursday, October 8, 2009

Feeling great today!

Unfortunately, when you have fibro, you tend to make a big deal when you have a good day.  Sometimes I wonder what it must be like to feel this way every day- as most healthy people do.  Most healthy people wake up pain free, refreshed (if they actually sleep well) and go on with their day.  They don't have to stop and reflect and tell the world "I feel good today".

I also worry about how long it will last.  Will I still feel this good in the afternoon?  Will I be able to get some things done around the house after dinner?  I want to bottle up the energy so I don't lose it.  I want to keep it on reserve for when I might really need it.  Today will be a long day anyway.  I will work until 4 and then go home, grab the kids, and head to gymnastics.  We will be there until 7:30pm, sometimes we stop for ice cream on the way home, and then they need a bath before bed.  So, there is no time to be tired today. 

Last night I saw the chiropractor again.  I had my adjustment (it's more fun to say I was cracked) and then therapy with the electrical stimulation and massage table.  I leave there feeling so good!  I have decided I drive safer too because I can actaully turn my neck all the way around to see what is coming!  lol

Well, the real question is whether or not it works.  After only 2 sessions, I am leaning toward yes.  But, it's still really too early to tell.  I haven't taken any muscle relaxers or tyelenol PMs for 2 nights.  I have slept without them pretty good, with a wakeup between 2-3am.  But, I have been able to fall back asleep within a few minutes.

So, my head is clear today - no fog.  I really think its because I haven't taken anything at night.  I do think that stuff lingers in the morning, making it even more difficult to function and get moving.  So, I don't know if I feel good today from the adjustment/therapy or just from not taking any crap at bedtime.  Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment