Friday, October 23, 2009

Exercise

As much as the chiropractor seems to be helping, the true test will be when I bring fitness back into my routine.  The pain got so bad last month that I stopped everything but a light walk.  I couldn't do the treadmill or even wii fit because it made my legs hurt so bad.  I took a 20 minute walk yesterday and seem ok today.  Tomorrow I am taking the kids on a Halloween Parade which will be a 2 mile walk.  Plus, I will have the double stroller because I doubt the kids will make the whole walk. If it rains, we might skip it.

So, if I do the walk and feel ok on Sunday, that will be a good indicator to see if the chiropractor is truly working.

Another thing, I cut out diet soda.  Could that make a difference?  I wonder if there is something in there (it's loaded with crap) that my body could be reacting to...even if only in a small way.  I am by no means a health expert or heath nut.  But, I do think there are some things that are really bad for the human body.  Soda being one of them.  I have no research or proof, but I know there is nothing good for you in that stuff.  I am proud to say that my children have yet to taste the stuff.  At 5 and 3 they are still limited to 100% fruit juice, milk, or water.  Once in a blue moon they have fruit punch, but they don't like it carbonated anyway.  Juice is very limited also.  They are also on Organic milk because I believe it is better for them.  We are not an "all organic" family at all.  There are some things I prefer organic though and milk is it.  I think of a child being breastfed and how all medications and drugs flow through the mother's breastmilk.  Wouldn't it be the same with cows?  All the anitibiotics and growth hormones seeping into the cow's milk makes me cringe.  In all honesty, I don't know if this stuff makes a difference, but it can't hurt to provide organic milk and cut out soda.

No comments:

Post a Comment